Ticket shop / registration
Why can't I find the already deposited discount (U27, Ö1, BT-Card etc.) in the ticketshop
Before booking, please make sure that you have successfully logged in to your account linked to the corresponding discount authorization. The discount will only be displayed in the seat selection if you are logged in.
Why is »Only few tickets left« displayed even though there are no more cards?
In addition to our seats, the Vienna State Opera also offers wheelchair seats. These seats are only visible in the webshop with the appropriate authorization. If our price groups 1-9 are crossed out in the list to the left of or above the seating plan booking, there are unfortunately no more seats available for the desired performance.
What payment options are available online?
All major credit cards are accepted: Mastercard, VISA, Diners, AMEX, JCB. In addition, payments with EPS (within Austria) or a direct debit, provided you have an active SEPA mandate with us, are also possible.
Which login do I have to use?
Click here to register directly in the webshop: https://tickets.wiener-staatsoper.at/webshop/webticket/customerlogin.secure or on tickets.wiener-staatsoper.at and on the button »Login«.
- If you have already registered in the »new« webshop, log in under »You are already a customer?«
- If you were already a Culturall customer and know your e-mail address, log in under »You are already a customer?« and enter a new password. You can find out how to do this here.
- If you were already a Culturall customer and know your user name, but not your e-mail address, log in with your user name under »You cannot register with the e-mail address you currently used at Culturall or a new registration is not possible?« You can find instructions on how to do this here.
- If you have never bought tickets for the Bundestheater (Vienna State Opera, Vienna Volksoper, Burgtheater), register on under »New here?«.
- If you are a member of the Official Circle of Friends of the Vienna State Opera, register under »Login for Members of the Official Circle of Friends« or under »Special Login«.
- If you are already registered as U27, please log in under »You are already a customer?« and assign a new password. You can find out how to do this here. You can find out how to register as a U27 here.
INSTRUCTION: How do I log in to the ticketshop with my email address?
1. Click on this link: https://tickets.wiener-staatsoper.at/webshop/webticket/shop?page=customerlogin.secure
2. Enter your mail address under »You are already a customer?« and click on »Forgotten password« when you log in for the first time.
3. Since you are logging into the new webshop for the first time, you will need to enter a new password for data protection reasons. You will receive an e-mail for this purpose. If you have not received an e-mail after a few minutes, please check your spam folder and the e-mail address you entered. Click on »Reset password« in the e-mail.
4. You must now assign a new password. The password must contain at least 8 characters, must not be part of your e-mail address and must meet the following conditions: An uppercase letter, a lowercase letter, a number and a special character. Click on »Set password«.
5. You will now return to the login. Enter your mail address and the newly set password here. Click on »Log in«.
6. You are now logged in. Click on »Tickets« to buy tickets. Please note that you will not be shown performances until May 16 from 10:00.
Do you have problems with our ticketshop?
In this case, please contact our service hotline: +43 1 51444-2222 (Monday - Friday 10:00 - 16:00), or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I ordered my BundestheaterCard with a SEPA mandate, but have now received a payment order for my subscription with a request for payment. Should I still pay in?
Please first check whether your payment slip already states that the amount will be collected. Subscribers with an active SEPA mandate usually also receive a payment slip as information. However, it states that the amount will be collected.
No indication of a valid SEPA mandate: if you have already sent / submitted your form for the new SEPA mandate, it may take a few working days until this is activated in the system. This may overlap with the mailings of the respective stages.
If it has been more than 2 weeks since you sent in your application, please contact email@example.com to check your application status or the subscription department for detailed information about your subscription.
Our current opening hours:
Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri.: 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (Attention: Monday, May 16 only from 10.00 a.m.)
Wed.: 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
We are at your disposal by telephone (Monday - Friday from 9.00 to 14.00) or by e-mail:
→ Subscription office
Phone: +43 1 51444 2678
Opernring 2, 1010 Vienna
(disabled access from the Operngasse side of the Wiener Staatsoper arcades, standing room entrance)
I ordered my BundestheaterCard with a SEPA mandate. How do I know that I can already use this?
As soon as the new SEPA mandate is set up, you will receive notification.
As a subscriber with a SEPA mandate, I did not have to pay the service fee. Will this continue to be the case?
Yes, but it is important that you send us a new Sepa mandate once. The Bundestheater has sent all BundestheaterCard holders with a Sepa mandate an information letter with a form. Please return the signed form by email or by post with the enclosed reply envelope to ART for ART Theaterservice GmbH, Goethegasse 1, 1010 Vienna.
If you have not received the letter or can no longer find it, you will find it on the homepage www.bundestheater.at as well as on the homepages of the respective theaters for download or available at the box offices of the Austrian Federal Theaters. Please fill it out and send it signed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to ART for ART Theaterservice GmbH, Goethegasse 1, 1010 Vienna.
I had a deposit on Culturall. What happens to it now?
Since the new system does not provide for a continuation of this deposit function from season 22/23, your credit has been transferred back to you by Culturall. Please contact email@example.com for this purpose.
I have collected some / many bonus points. Can I still use them?
The bonus points can no longer be used since season 22/23. Instead, we offer you as a holder of the BundestheaterCard many other attractive offers. You can find more information here
I have applied for a new BundestheaterCard. How long does it take until this is active and I can use the benefits?
It usually takes one week for the BundestheaterCard to be sent to you. If you do not receive it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What benefits do I receive with the BundestheaterCard?
- For subscribers with SEPA direct debit mandate: service fee waived as of the next subscription invoice
- Tickets for last-minute bookings at 49€, 2 tickets each at the box office, one day before the performance. Announcement of whether tickets for last-minute bookings are available at the performance will be made by telephone on 01 514 44 2950.
- 20% discount for 3 dates (2 Opera and 1 Balett) of selected performances (noted in our online programm with BT) per month, 2 tickets each bookable. Valid online only.
- Discounted standing room tickets, both ground floor (5€) and balcony and gallery (4€) from 10.00 a.m. one day before the performance.
»Ballet Bonus«: 15% discount on full-price tickets for all ballet performances at the Vienna State Opera and Volksoper except premieres and special events. 2 tickets per performance (from all available categories). Tickets can be purchased in advance and at the box office. The Ballet Bonus is available from May 15, 2022 for € 25,- per season independently of the BundestheaterCard at all Bundestheater box offices.
I would like to have a BundestheaterCard. What do I have to do?
Subscribers of the Bundestheater receive the BundestheaterCard automatically. If you are interested in a BundestheaterCard, you can apply for it as follows:
- in person at the box offices of the Austrian Federal Theatres or
by sending the completed and signed form by mail to ART for ART Theaterservice GmbH, Kartenvertrieb, Goethegasse 1, 1010 Vienna or scanned by e-mail to email@example.com.
In the future, the BundestheaterCard will be available in two versions
- BundestheaterCard without SEPA direct debit mandate (i.e. without collection order)
BundestheaterCard with SEPA direct debit mandate (i.e. with collection order). With this card, you can make convenient cashless payments at all box offices of the Austrian Federal Theatres, also when booking by telephone (+43/1/513 1 513) or online at www.burgtheater.at, www.wiener-staatsoper.at, www.volksoper.at.
- in person at the box offices of the Austrian Federal Theatres or