The Vienna State Opera has 435 standing room places.
Tickets go on sale on the day of the performance at 10 am online or at our general box office (Opernring 2/ Entrance Herbert-von-Karajan-Platz).
The evening box office for the standing room opens 80 minutes before the performance (Entrance Operngasse/»Standing Room«).
For matinees, standing room tickets are issued at the evening box office in the foyer.
Please note the minimum age of five years. (Numerous separate children's events are offered for children).
Prices for standing room tickets
- Standing room ground floor 18€
- Standing room gallery 15€
- Standing room balcony 13€
How to get your standing room tickets
- Go directly to our ticket shop: https://tickets.wiener-staatsoper.at/webshop
- Click on »Login« at the top right and log in or create a new account.
- Select the performance of the day and click on »Tickets«. Attention: Standing room tickets are only available after 10 am.
- In the seating plan at the top left, you will see the three areas »Stehparterre« (ground floor), »Stehplatz Balkon« (Balcony) and »Stehplatz Galerie« (Gallery). Please click on your desired area.
- Select an available standing room seat (in colour). Please note that you can only book two tickets with your account.
- Click on »add to cart« and finish your booking.
Standing room first floor
Standing room gallery
Standing room balcony